Salford Metropolitan Athletic Club is a voluntary based organisation situated in Winton with over 100 years history. It has a fully equipped “UK Athletics approved” track and field facility providing training sessions and competition at regional/national level for Salford residents Â – as well as introductory health and well being programmes for first timers or those recovering from medical related issues. Membership comprises over 250 people aged 8 to 70 plus. Our offer is promoted through the local voluntary network, schools, leisure services, health promotion teams, GPs and the local Council.
One of our recent successes has involved the development of the Parents Group. During the last three years we have attracted over 120 parents engaging in twice weekly training programmes. These programmes begin with basic walking exercises and progress on to gentle walking/running, core stability and running longer distances. The key thing is that individuals choose the programme route that suits them best – but in nearly all cases they have been encouraged and supported by their peers and the club coaches to achieve targets they never thought were possible. Feedback is almost always 100 percent positive and parents have commented on how exercise has helped to improve their mental as well as physical health. We supplement these training programmes with bite sized information on nutrition, injury prevention and family options for healthy living.
Parental commitment to the club has undoubtedly increased and we have many examples of impact measures as a result of their families’ growing involvement :
- 4 parents trained as assistant coaches
- over 50 parents achieved their first Park Run
- 8 teenage children acting as volunteers for younger children (linked to their GCSE and Duke of Edinburgh Awards)
- over 200 people attending community fun days inviting attendees to “have a go”
- 3 parents joined the club committee
- whole club involvement in “beat the street” and “sugar smart” campaigns
- triage and referral service established within the club for members to use
- over 30 people experienced international exchange in the last few years through Salford Council’s twinning programme with St Ouen in Paris
- collaborative events held with other local groups such as Oasis-GB, Salford Council, Salford Reds Rugby League, Marriott Hotel, Wheels For All
If you’re a student have you considered hiring an essay write service. In the help writing a term paper end, issues with homework are common for students at every level. High-achieving students also have to do the same assignments for homework as others. EssayHelpers will be able to assist you! Let’s take a look at the qualities you should look for when picking a professional to write your essay. Find out more. – Essay Write Help –